Monday, October 6, 2008

23 Weeks: "You Look Like You'll Have That Baby Any Day Now"

Yes, someone actually said that to me. A stranger. In a professional setting. After a very long day. I took it in stride and then repeated it to everyone I saw later. All of them assured me that wasn't the case. I hope they weren't lying, but all in all, who cares? I'm busy creating the miracle of life over here. What are they doing that's so important? LOL

But, I also had an absolutely fabulous surprise in the same setting. One of the grantees from my program presented me with a gift on Friday: a handmade set of newborn hat and booties that she knitted for BT! I was truly touched by her thoughtfulness and will take a photo to post. The set is really adorable. When I got home from my conference, I set the gift bag on my night stand so I could look over at the little hat. Too cute and much appreciated!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

How sweet of her to do that! It's so great when people show that thoughtfulness that seems to have all but disappeared in today's society. What a special gift- and congrats on the baby!

Heather Kelley said...

Thanks!!