Monday, August 15, 2011

They're Coming to Take Me Away...

Amber: What is all this?

Chloe: Mommy said there would be a costume parade at the pool barbecue and I dressed up as Minnie Mouse if she were going to go swimming.

Amber: Or exotic dancing.

Chloe (glares): I see that you were dressed as "baby that doesn't walk or eat real food." Again.

Amber: Yeah, but I do swim! I overheard Mommy the other day say that I wasn't ready for Water Babies class with you because I didn't like the water.

Chloe: That's true. She said that.

Amber: Well, I'm tired of being left out, so I figured I'd better up my game! When JoJo got me in the water, I was kicking and kicking and kicking! I'm ready!

Chloe: Good job.

Amber: Well, I won't lie... I also want one of these ducks!

Chloe: Hold your horses there, Flounder. This duck is mine. I even named it "Chloe Duck" so that there will be no confusion.

Amber: You do what you want, but I said "Mama" on Saturday, so I just may be the current favorite daughter.

Chloe: Yeah. You probably have that all sewn up because I was a BEAST to live with yesterday.

Amber: You sure were. What's up with that?

Chloe: Mommy said I am trying to make her a crazy person.

Amber: Well, you better stop it. If she's institutionalized, who will drive us to the beach this weekend?

Chloe: Good point. I'll do my part... now, if you could sleep more than 2 hours in a row, maybe she won't take complete leave of her senses.

Amber: Well, I'll try. But sometimes, I'm just compelled to be difficult.

Chloe: I know just how that feels.

No comments: