Friday, November 18, 2011

Sweatsuits and Deception

Amber: So, what's going on?


Chloe: It's Cozy Sweatsuit Day at school.


Amber: That's a weird theme.


Chloe: I know. They might as just well call it "Friday," but this was at least something Mommy could use as an excuse as to why I can't wear a dress today.


Amber: True. What else is going on?


Chloe: MMmmm, well, tomorrow is Water Babies.


Amber: Hot. What else?


Chloe: Mommy said that we need to clean this weekend so we can get our Christmas decorations out next weekend and she said she wanted to go and do some Christmas shopping.


Amber: What's Christmas?


Chloe: Christmas is my favorite time of the year! We make cookies and go to parties and buy presents for each other and Santa comes and brings us toys!


Amber: That sounds great. Did you buy me a present?


Chloe: I did.


Amber: What is it?


Chloe: I can't tell you -- it's a surprise. You have to wait until Christmas morning.


Amber: Oh... well, what else is going on?


Chloe: It's Thanksgiving this week and we're going to Aunt Diane's and then Mommy and Mom-Mom will take us to see Santa and --


Amber (interrupts quickly): What'd you get me?


Chloe: I got you a-- Oooh! You almost got me.


Amber: Shucks.


Chloe: Be good, Amber. Santa is always watching -- no tricks!


Amber: Ok, I'll be good from now on.


Chloe: That's practically my mantra.


No comments: