Monday, October 31, 2011

There's Snow on the Pumpkins, Dear Liza

Amber: This is weird.

Chloe: I know - who could have imagined it would snow in October?

Amber: No, I mean, what the hell is this stuff?

Chloe: Oh, right, you probably don't remember last winter.

Amber: Last winter? Where was I?

Chloe: Asleep in the boppy.

Amber (musing): Good times... anyway, what is this stuff?

Chloe: Well, it was snow, but now it's just sort of ice. We can't really do much with it...


Amber: I'm kind of digging it.


Chloe: Yeah, Mommy said we could do some experimenting, so we melted ice with hot water and salt and smashed it with a wooden spoon.

Amber: Yeah... what is up with your outfit?

Chloe: I'm wearing a hat and jacket and boots - I'm perfectly attired for this weather.

Amber: Is that a summer dress peeking out under your jacket.

Chloe: Just because it's snowing doesn't mean I have to stop being the girliest person on the planet... besides, your own outfit is a touch much.

Amber: You know, she did this. I wouldn't have come up with this on my own!

Chloe: Whatever, you're just bitter because I get to be Ariel and you have to be Flounder.

Amber: I think I may have lucked out. You and Mommy will be freezing your cockleshells off and I'll be warm in my hoodie...


Chloe: WHAT?! WHAT?!

Amber: Here we go...

Chloe: I WANT TO GO IN THAT FARM. I WANT TO TRICK OR TREAT. WHAT IS GOING ON? MOMMY, OPEN THAT GATE.

Amber: I don't think she can--

Chloe: OPEN IT.

(Mommy tries to punt and finds... Horses! Horses are farmy!)


Chloe: MOMMY, I SEE SUMPIN! I SEE SUMPIN!

Amber: Crisis averted.


Chloe: I feel much more relaxed now.

Amber: I'm glad. And we can ramp that energy right back up again. I hear PattyAnne made cupcakes.


Chloe: Bye, horsey, see you next time!

Amber: When that farm better be open!

Mommy: Word, Amber, word.

Chloe: Ok, Mommy, let's go to JoJo's - let's see everyone and say Trick or Treat and have cupcakes.

Mommy: Dinner first.

Amber: Kill-Joy.


Chloe: Who's that with you, Amber?

Amber: This is Uncle Bob. He's a really good sharer.

Chloe: What do you mean?

Amber: Well, when I reached over and scooped some mashed potatoes off his plate, he didn't mind at all.

Chloe: Please tell me you used a spoon.

Amber: I did not.

Chloe: Classy, Amber, way to stay classy. This is why I'm the princess and you're the fish.

Amber (smiles, nods): A well-nourished fish.


Amber: See? We're BFF.


Mommy: Thank you to everyone at Aunt JoJo and Uncle Fuzz's house for such a fun Halloween dinner... and Colonial Plantation, don't think this gets you off the hook. Chloe and Amber WILL be back. I don't know if you have sheep, there, but I'd advise you to get a couple if you don't. Chloe is expecting sheep. Don't disappoint her twice, Colonial Plantation!

No comments: