Monday, April 27, 2009

Pay it Forward - Freepeats.org


So, in the spirit of my post last week about Mommies laying down the judgment and supporting each other, I thought I would share about an awesome site that has Mommies and Daddies from all over the place helping each other out. Freepeats.org is a fantastic resource! There are message boards for 53 different cities where parents post what they need and what they need to get rid of - we're talking clothes, formula coupons, furniture, gear, all sorts of stuff.

Doesn't Chloe look comfortable in her little Graco walker up there (even though her feet don't touch the floor)? Yeah, that was free. Along with a high chair. All it cost me was the time to go and get it, a little bit of gas, and some time to clean it all. I've also posted to give away items that didn't work for us and it's a super cool way of keeping the items moving through BabyDom without giving Babies R Us ALL of your money.

I joined the site for free when Saving with 6 ABC sent out a message about it, but it's only $4.95 for a lifetime membership. I give it thumbs up. And so would Chloe if she knew how.

Just for kicks, here's another picture from yesterday... so you can see her cute outfit. This is one I bought on impulse, thinking, "I can't imagine when she'll be big enough to wear it, but I can't wait." And here she is.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Awww. Thanks for the kind words about Freepeats and for sharing the site with your readers.

Angie at Freepeats

Heather Kelley said...

You're welcome! It really is a terrific resource - I've been telling all my friends about it. :-)