Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oxygen for Mommy and Daddy, Popsicles for Rotten Children

 Chloe: So, what was all that on Saturday?

Amber: I don't know.

Chloe: What do you mean, you don't know?  We had to abruptly stop shopping to take you to the emergency room!

Amber: Yeah.  Weird, right?

Chloe: YES.  So, I say again, WHAT HAPPENED?

Amber: Stop badgering me; I don't know.  We were in the cart at Target, Mommy took a corner too sharply or something and then a little while later, she looked at my ankle and started mad trippin' yo.

Chloe: Well, your ankle looked horrible.  

Amber: I guess.  This is like the time when I was a baby and a bee flew into my high chair and stung me and she all freaked out and called the nurse and when the nurse heard me giggling in the background, they prescribed HER with a sedative.

Chloe: The nurse did not do that!

Amber: Well, she should have.  Much ado about nothing.

 Chloe: At least they gave us popsicles.

Amber: Indeed.

***

Note from Mommy: Oh, my my.  I swear, the kid made NO SOUND... all of a sudden, she had cuts on her ankle and the whole thing started swelling like crazy.  We're thinking fractures and baby boots and x-rays... and so was the nurse who told us to go to the ER prontinto.  Yeah.  45 minutes later and the swelling was almost completely gone and Amber kept looking at us like we were high.

So, for those who are playing along at home, that's 3 trips to the ER in 4 months.  

Good times.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Your kids crack me up. And make me glad I don't have any. I'm not cut out for that.