Monday, May 18, 2009

Chloe's First Day of Day Care - the Drop off

I did not cry.

I feel very proud of myself that I did not cry. After we delivered Chloe to Miss Stella, Ed and I went to deliver the paperwork. As we were getting everything together I told him, "I need to take one more look!" I hurried back to the infant room and saw that Miss Stella had put Chloe in a bouncy seat and was talking to her and making funny faces. Chloe was laughing and smiling and "talking" and so I knew she was ok, so we snuck away (I took a picture which I will post later)... we went to the Dunkin Donuts for coffee and I made it thru the entire ordering process and it wasn't until we were back in the car did I whine to Ed, "you don't think she'll like Miss Stella more than me, do you?" He assured me that she would not. But, Miss Stella has nothing to do today except play with Chloe (and Darius and Xavier, Chloe's two new boyfriends) and Miss Stella has oodles of cool toys and Miss Stella speaks 5 languages.

I'm just going to keep self soothing with coffee.

No comments: