Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Baby is SO Advanced

One of Chloe's teachers, Miss Stella is from Pakistan and she has an accent. Sometimes, it takes me a second to follow what she's saying, so yesterday when she said "Chloe wants to do everything early," for a second I was confused. I thought she meant that Chloe wants to move on to blocks while everyone else is still on bubbles, but Miss Stella clarified: "Everything! She wants to do everything early! She will talk and crawl and hold her bottle - all early!"

Which is clearly so true.

This morning, Miss Stella and I had a long conversation about the importance of tummy time and how well Chloe does with it and how another in the class (sorry, Zavier) wants no parts of it. We talked about how babies at this age should get 10-15 minutes/day of tummy time and with Miss Stella doing it at school and Daddy and I doing it at home, Chloe gets double.

On my drive in to work, I was thinking about how hesitant I was to return to work when my leave was ending and how weird it is that we ended up using this pre-school that's out of the way and not what we expected. And I realized that Chloe being in pre-school right now is not just allowing me to be a better employee, but it also allows me to be a better Mommy. I feel like we've found a great fit at the school with teachers who see Chloe's potential the way that Ed and I see it. When I'm thinking about work, I can totally think about work and at the end of the day, I can totally think about Chloe. I also realize that me bouncing her on one knee while conducting conference calls was not allowing her to move developmentally and that by being in school, she is growing leaps and bounds. I'm not feeling jealous (at this second, I could change my mind) of Miss Stella and Miss Lynn right now - I'm feeling lucky that we have them as partners.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Your little girl is just beautiful! Congratulations on winning the Pooh frame....send me an e mail with your address so I can get your prize in the mail to you. :)
My e mail address is on my blog page.
Christina

Heather Kelley said...

Thank you!
Your little one is adorable, too! I found your site via MckMama - glad I did. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wasn't she sucking her thumb at, like, 5 minutes old?

Anonymous said...

We knew that dear Chloe was a baby genius as soon as we met her!How did we know? She adapted when Grams feed her "backwards"!
Kisses to my baby!xoxoxoxox