Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Keeping the "me" in Mommy... and helping out an awesome cause

...So, as I've posted before, it can sometimes be challenging to feel like the Me I was before I was Chloe's Mommy. A big part of that is because I love being Chloe's Mommy!!! But, it's challenging because I don't want to lose who I am because 1) I like who I am and 2) I want Chloe to know who I am. So, I am trying to remember that when I instinctively decide to not do something that is unique only to my interests outside of being a wife and mother...

...And recently, the Hubs and I were watching TV and a commercial came on for the Breast Cancer 3-Day. The 3-Day has been a very big part of my life in recent years and really inspired me to try to do that which scares me. In the past, I've walked the 60 miles three times, served as a mentor to other walkers, a training walk leader and worked on the volunteer crew once. But, with a baby, it's so hard to take the time to train and then be away for three days and I sort of put it all out of my head. Until we saw the commercial and Ed asked me how I would be involved this year. And I sort of mumbled, "Oh, I don't know if I can..."

And he shot me a look of incredulousness. He said, "But it's so important to you - surely there's something you can do." We talked about me being a volunteer - a commitment that's for a specific amount of time and I think that's a good match, so I will look into that.

But, then today, I got an inspiration - all of YOU can help me stay connected to the event, too! I've decided, that Chloe, Ed and I will profile a walker each month from now until the Philadelphia event with a link to their individual donation page. And each month, the first one of you to donate (and then comment on one of our blog posts saying that you did so), will get a little something from us as a thank you for supporting the cause.

Sound good? Keep an eye on that bar over there on the right. That's where the profile will show up.

And remember - no donation is too small. If everyone in America gave $5, this damn thing would be cured already.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

LESS THAN AN HOUR, SUCKERS!

Poor Jenifer. I decided to contribute to her walk b/c she's missing an 'n,' and I find that very sad.

Heather Kelley said...

Hah! I knew Aunt Jennifer would be first!! Chloe will provide you a present.

Heather Kelley said...

And it won't be fertilizer for your farm. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ok...count on us...when are you posting the links? kisses to my girl.
Grams xoxoxo